Friday, August 05, 2005

My journey...........my first poem

Being an IITian was always my dream,
never although knew for a long time wat IIT actually mean.

Was always fortunate to be blessed with great buddies,
who were although really never good at studies.

Although didnt ever really considered even myself brilliant,
but was always quite resilient.

Had a dream to realise i always knew,
hence never forgot my pursue.

studied hard for two long years,
and wud you believe without any smears.

Finally got my reward,
no efforts of mine got ignored.

I had to pass through lots of pains,
but eventually thought my adventurous life got reincarnated again,
with the whole of coming life left to reign.

Happiness was all around,
only to suddenly wear down.

Healthy interaction was wat my seniors used to call,
that period in my life was really a forgetful thrall.

Finally the ragging was over,
but sadly not before converting me into a rover.

It took me not days but weeks to settle,
but always knew from the innerside i had that mettle.

And fortuantely i wasn't wrong
with time made many good friends whom with got nicely along,
but sadly also lost some old ones in the prolong.

Never came to realise wat mistake i did,
never understood why they wanted to get me of rid.

I m a senior now,
I m the mess secy now,
still my juniors call me futcha,my mates call me a batcha,i sadly avow.

Few days back wrote a post in my blog devoted to wat i think of life,
only to receive insensible and deeply hurting comments in rife.

Sincerely hope IITians hav regained their intellectualism,
and appreciate in a fine manner my individualism.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...


slightly more interesting than the last one
will rip it apart later today
there seem to be lot of violations of ur commandments

Anonymous said...

its a gud one shuarya...but seriously who told u the rhyming words???....if u hv done it urself...hats off to u...

Anonymous said...

hi bro
mast poem likhi yaar
yahan meine apni do friends,chitra aur neha ko padai n they are impressed
teri to vocab bhi mast ho rahi hai yaar
gr8 going bhai
cherry

Anonymous said...

well....standards are improving...
but really...why the senti stuff of late...seriously man...WAT hHAS HAPPENED ???

Anonymous said...

Since u actually appreciated the first comment so much, here's another...

good poem, the thought process behind this is good and appreciable...it captures the experiences of any IITian well..but I believe, it would have been more effective in prose...for this poem lacks a consistent rhythm and meter, though other aspects are fine...
good vocab, and good chronology.

Keep writin, u'll become much better

Mahek said...

guddie luck to you :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Movie projector Land rover discovery commercial cheap propecia Latino fantasy Travel rn job Pilates poznan Sauna echangiste marseille http://www.alarm-systems-0.info/Home-security-tricks.html sedona arizona webcams cost of concerta Gangbang lesbian stories Toyota dealer columbus Roper+refrigerators American health and fitness magazine Active undelete 5 1 007 brita fill go replacement filters 2 pack kitchenb000067dzu Dishwashers installation instructions